Suspecting an issue with the pet’s food, the owner of the four pups sent the remainder of the food off to an independent lab. The lab found Pentobarbital in the samples; a drug commonly used to euthanize animals.
When ABC7 got wind of the story they went one step further and launched their own investigation. Over several months they had a lab test 62 samples from over 24 brand names of wet dog food. One brand repeatedly tested positive for Pentobarbital. … More Major Brand Recalls Pet Foods
Continued from “Mack’s a runner“. In the previous installment of Mack’s story, he’d escaped his owners, rewards had been offered and raised, and Rough Road Rescue had gotten involved in the search. I previously posted a screenshot of a Facebook post made by Steve Svehla himself, Christmas Eve, pleading for the public’s help to bring … More Mack is found but not home yet
After almost two years of waiting, multiple court orders, and the rescue’s refusal to comply with any of them, Mack is finally home! … More Mack is home at last!
Mack is lost…..she does not say Mack is home, just that he’s been found. And she doesn’t make the comment until approximately 15-16 hours after he has been retrieved by the rescue.
On the rescue’s own Facebook page, posts and comments have been deleted by this time, and part of the paper trail is forever gone. … More Mack’s a runner
Not long after Jamie’s trip to Rough Road Rescue she returned with her family pets to see how Mack would react to them, and they to him. Everything went well. Lots of butt sniffing, a couple of snips from the foo-foo dog, and everybody was happy. After making a few more trips to the rescue, and spending time with Mack, Jamie decided Mack would make a wonderful addition to her family.
Jamie filled out the adoption application. … More The inevitable adoption of Mack
I met Mack the summer of 2014. He was being cared for at Rough Road Rescue, an animal rescue just outside of Perryville, Mo., owned and operated by Steve and Linda Svehla. … More Meeting Mack
The Animal Emergency Center in Scott City, Mo. has announce it’s closure, effective immediately. According to an announcement by AEC the closure is due to the inability to maintain staff at the facility. A call to the facility yielded no human response but the answering machine stated that the facility was indeed closed and would … More Scott City Animal Emergency Center closes due to staffing issues
Human foods toxic for pets, Sikeston takes over shelter, and Humane Society of Southeast Missouri looking to increase service contracts. … More Looking back: week in review May 21-28
I rarely write editorials but one is due as I have stepped away from something I am passionate about and folks continue to notice and request explanation. The strange truth of the matter is that it’s happened for reasons not at all what most people might expect. … More Taking pause: a healthy concept in a murky stream
You’ll see her on Facebook as Brittnany Sparks but her real name is Patricia Zimmerle.
She’s got a whole list if names she goes by; Patricia Ellis, Chasity Brown, Sherry Evans, Theresa Clark, Stacy Camp, Lynn Clark, Renee Almaraz, and now Brittnany Sparks, just to name a few.
… More Pet flipper Patricia Zimmerle a.k.a. Brittnany Sparks making her rounds in Perryville and Ste. Genevieve